Nov 20, 2011

Memo from Jay Carney (a.k.a., Curveball)


Hi Team:


I just got off the phone with Shailagh. It's official:  Joe has decided that he's not remaining on the ticket with Barack. This isn't a huge surprise, given all the scuttlebutt we've been hearing. But three months before Election Day? I guess it's better than three days before ...

Joe's team agreed to make sure that we're fully aware of their plan before we move ahead with our own efforts. This will all go down at some point tomorrow, but details are still TBD. This is all I know, but I'll keep you posted. 

I know that everyone's swamped, so I'll be in touch with a few of you to handle it. I know, it's a pain, but look on the bright side. It'll make for good interview fodder someday.

I'll be speaking with Barack later this evening. Thank God we've been working on that crisis plan!

Talk soon,

Jay



(This is a fictitious situation and memo from Press Secretary Jay Carney.)

3 comments:

  1. This is the kind of curveball that I was expecting. I figure some exercise twist like this was going to happen. It's the perfect complication to test our ability to think on our feet about crisis communications. That's good, because we can all use the practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Tom. The rumor of resignation turned into truth. Good curveball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious as to what Joe's plan will be because I'm sure that affects our crisis plan.

    ReplyDelete