Nov 26, 2011

Lady Gaga's New Brand Ambassador

Thanks to Josi's post, I spent some time last night focused on all-things Gaga. I missed her Thanksgiving special, though I spent time on the LadyGagaVEVO Channel watching some clips: You and I, Born This Way, The Edge of Glory and her latest, Marry The Night. (What's your favorite?)

IMC-wise, take Josi's cue and focus on the Gaga's Workshop-Barney's New York program. There are  many moving parts, and they all have significant weight  -- even the smallest tactic, such as Become a Gaga Workshopper.

It took no more than a minute to turn our unofficial PRFandP classmate, Allie Chandler, into a bonafide little monster. Next, the feline monster was blasted to my Facebook page with my personal message, a link to Gaga's Workshop and a playful line of  Gaga-esque brand copy: "I'm ridiculously goodlooking as a Gaga's Workshopper." 

I just promoted two  three brands (Gaga, Barney's and Allie C.) with one click. Direct marketing, with a social media spin.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, your little girl is growing up. Now sir, you know that she expects a little something, something under the tree this year. The $930 crystal innocence necklace will look so AWESOME on her sweet little neck. So here the screw turns, as marketing turns against you. Cosmic feline karma. No amount of IMC will change her mind, no sir. That's what you get when you shack up with a lost little thing with high maintenance issues. Poor dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I checked the site because I had no idea what little kitty was surrounded by! Now I see it's a monster costume. The website is strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The appeal of domestic animals in public relations can not be overstated. Allie Chandler went from making impromptu web cam appearances during class to becoming an unofficial PFR&P classmate and a brand name that's being promoted. The cat's is making more public relations waves than the PFR&P instructor. That's really no surprise because people love pet dogs and cats, especially if they are friendly and cuddlesome. They're excellent conversation starters too, which breaks the ice for further public relations related talk.

    ReplyDelete